Link to public google doc notes for session here.
I’d like to propose a workshop for brainstorming what a small liberal arts Digital Humanities Consortium would look like. Tri-Co Digital Humanities, hosted at Bryn Mawr, Swarthmore and Haverford, is a great example. I want to extend this model to include small non-elite private colleges and places that focus generally on undergraduate education. Issues we could talk about include:
- What levels of interest in the digital humanities are there in our institutions?
- How is DH in our institutions different from DH as practiced at R1s, and what challenges do we face? How can we overcome these challenges together?
- How could we share resources and support?
- What would be the best way to start a collaborative framework?
- Are there opportunities for teaching across institutions? Would people be interested in contributing to multi-institutional projects?
- What are some best practices for working across different SLACs?
- How do we identify possible collaborators across institutions?